New bike day. This time it’s a 1981 Bianchi Super Pista. According to the production decal it was built in January, my birthday month, but it’s a few years my junior. When I picked it up it had a full Superbe Pro Gruppo on it, an excellent group no doubt, but it needed to get back to it’s Italian roots. So off with the SSP and enter the Campy Record Pista gruppo.
It’s a bit of a mish mash era wise, but I built this from a gruppo I had. My plan is to get it back to catalog specs, which means 3ttt bars and panto stem, campy SR panto seatpost and some Mavic OR 10 tubulars. But for now I’m really happy with it- and it rides like a dream.
The lineup includes:
- pre ’78 151 bcd track cranks hand polished and filled with black paint
- Campy Pista hubs in 36 hole laced to Mavic MA-2 clinchers, rear was tied and soldiered by
Stevie at Freewheel. Torelli Open Tubulars.
- Phil Wood Cog
- Cinelli 2a track stem in 110mm with Old logo mod. 67 alloy bars
- Campy NR Pista Headset
- Campy NR Pista Bottom bracket
- Regina ORO track chain
- 90′s First Gen Record Seatpost (my fav campy seatpost)
- Cinelli Unicanitor
- Campy SL track pedals, Binda prestige straps, campy steel toe clips