Macaframa and Hip To Help (nonprofit) are hosting a bike race and after party on August 20, 2009. The race will begin and end at 111 Minna Gallery in the SOMA District. The after-party will also be held at 111 Minna Gallery. All funds raised will go to George Washington Carver Middle School in Bayview to help reinstate art and music programs in the school.
$5 entry (will also grant you free entry to after party at 111 Minna)
Register: 5:00 – 5:45pm
This race is unique. There will be plenty of opportunity to win prizes, and even multiple prizes. Rather than your typical alleycat, with checkpoints hit in a linear fashion, this race will have tiers of checkpoints that require racers to choose a checkpoint of their choice in the first tier, race back to the start to get their manifest signed, and it’s off to the next tier, and so on. There are prizes for 1st, 2nd & 3rd at each checkpoint. There are three checkpoints per tier, but riders can only choose one of the three. Some thought and strategy will be needed to choose your path and come up with multiple prizes. And of course the fastest rider who picks the best choices at each tier will be the winner of the grand prize, but will likely rack up a few prizes in the process.
Here is another way of describing it (we understand it is a little hard to understand at first). Read it carefully and think about it before asking good questions. Thanks.
* First round – pick one (only one) of the Stage 1 destinations (3 possible)
* Go go go! After a short sprint, pick up your prize card (if you’re quick) or get a stamp.
* Back to the start – get a stamp and pick up your Stage 2 destinations.
* Pick one and spin it up! This one’s a bit longer, so choose wisely and you might get a prize card. Don’t forget to get a stamp.
* Back to the start. Get a stamp. Pick up your long run Stage #3 list.
* Grind it out to the Stage 3 finish of your choice. Pocket that prize card or get your stamp.
* If you don’t have any 1st place cards, go back to the start and grab a beverage. Wait for the big finish….
* If you have one, show a 1st place prize card at your Stage 3 – the Stage 4 location will be revealed!
* Crush it to Stage 4. This one’s worth it. Better hurry, there’s no telling who else is going for it or where they are.
* Get your Stage 4 stamp and hustle it back to the finish.
* First one back with a Stage 4 stamp gets the Grand Prize!
The After Party at 111 Minna:
$10 cover before 11pm, $12 after (RACERS GET IN FREE!)
Live performances by:
Grown Kids Radio
DJ Brown Magic
DJ E Da Boss
Should be a damn good time!
Sponsors(in no significant order):
House of Commons
Box Dog Bikes
Solio (solar chargers)
+ more to be announced…
- Created by the genius mind of Puck in: alleycats and races